Archive for the ‘DDD’ Category

The book shelf of a Connected Systems MVP


A few days ago, Gøran Hansen of Capgemini and a an active member of the Norwegian Microsoft scene – as well as active in the Twittersphere, wrote a blog post called “A Software Craftsman’s Bookshelf” containing a picture of his book shelf with Software Development-related books, as well as a brief review of the titles. He tagged a bunch of other people – including me, so here’s my contribution to this book shelf meme

(I actually wonder why a UI-geek like Gøran chose a dull jpeg for visualizing his book shelf, so I’m stepping up – to show off that Mr. Non-UI guy can use the Stitch functionality in Deep Zoom Composer. The final product is hosted on DeepZoomPix – a Microsoft site for hosting Deep Zoom pictures.)

Update: Seems like the stupid blog hosting strips javascripts and object tags, so until I’ll get around to move this blog to a more sane hosting provider, I’ll have to put up a preview picture that hyperlinks to the DeepZoomPix site :-(


(A click on the image will bring you to the real Deep Zoom image)

I actually thought about rotating the stitched picture counter-clockwise, so that the titles of the books would be easier to read, but I postphoned it to a moment when I have more time to stuff like this :-)

A description of the books + Amazon links, as well as a list of people I’d like to tag will be added later.

Aggressive domain model fluent interface – take #1

No Comments »

So, I’m currently writing some infrastructure/backend code for Aggressive – a new lightweight time management I’m putting up on CodePlex.

The idea is to us it to practice something that I’m not really good at; TDD – and also try to apply DDD from “top to bottom”.

I’ve taken an interest in internal DSLs and fluent interfaces, so I started to mock up a simple interface for manipulating the Aggressive model.

Take #1:

Aggressive Fluent Interface - Take #1

I tried two different models in the fixtures; the first one where the navigation starts from the user object – and ends up in the task – and the other going the opposite way.

Aaarrrgh.. Grrrr… xUnit 1.0.3 used for testing :-)

I’m open for input & comments.